Nexboot - Bootloader for ESP32 developement boards
I was unable to find any bootloader for ESP32 doing what i would like to have, so, i started to write my own.
How to install
- install and configure esp-ipf and the esp32 toolkit
- git clone the whole repository and subrepositories under your own project dir
- make menuconfig to configure nexboot
- erase the flash in your board ( suggested, not really needed )
- build and upload as usual with make and make flash on your esp32 developement board.
- you are updating your esp32 developement board.
- your board have 4MB of flash size, or you will have to change the partitions.csv file
- you know what you are doing
- No, it isn't finished and ready to use in production.
- Yes, i will continue to work on it to improve it and eventually make it production ready.
- No, i will not fix your computer
- update OTA over WiFi, in AP or STA mode, wpa2 supported.
- update OTA via web browser, on the ESP32 board IP
- Optionally force bootloader mode on boot by activating GPIO26
- It leave you 3MB of space for your OTA firmware ( with a 4MB flash )
- HTTPS instead of HTTP ( configurable )
- Authenticate login on HTTP/s
- Firmware encryption
- Firmware hash pre-verification
- Better HTML/JS
Fairly limited atm, but it works. Really need a better interface and a lot of other things.